If your computer runs on a Windows operating system, Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 particularly then you must be aware of DPC Watchdog Violation error. Evidently, it is becoming one of the most fastest spreading error in computers these days. If you are facing this error in your computer then let me tell you, you are not the first to face this problem and it’s definitely not a major issue. It can be resolved in multiple ways. Come let us understand what DPC Watchdog Violation error is and how to solve it?
How To Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error In Windows
DPC Watchdog Violation is represented in computers like (error code: DPC_Watchdg_Violation). Reasons behind the occurrence of this error could be corrupted system files, hardware incompatibility issue, old SSD driver version and/or unsupported SSD firmware. By talking about SSD we mean to if you are windows computer user then you must immediately check the firmware version of your SSD and keep it updated to the latest version.
In order to abolish the ill-matching hardware problems, you should detach any hard drive from the computer, any new hard drive to particular that you have newly installed in your computer which causes the error.
DPC Watchdog Violation error can be resolved by following any of the below-mentioned methods:
Method 1: Change SATA ACHI controller driver
As reviewed by numerous Windows users, this is the most effective method.
- Firstly go to Device Manager by pressing the Windows logo key and X on your computer.
- Then expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
- Next right click SATA AHCI controller and click on Properties.
- In order to check if you selected the right controller – go to the Driver tab and click on Driver Details.
- Ensure the iaStorA.sys is an option in the list. Click OK to quit.
- Then click Driver and then click on Update Driver.
- Next click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then click on let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Now click on Standard SATA AHCI Controller, then click Next. Complete the remaining steps as instructed by the computer.
- Now Restart your computer to save the changes and work on it.
Also Check: Fix vShare.eu/pair Error
Method 2: Update existing or available drivers
You should follow this method only if storahci.sys is on the list of properties of the SATA AHCI Controller driver.
Automatic Driver Update: Driver can be automatically updated with the use of the free or pro version of Driver Easy.
- Download and then install Driver Easy.
- Run the software. Click the Scan Now button for Driver Easy to detect the problem in any of the drivers.
- Click the Update or Update all (to update altogether, you will have to install pro version) in order to automatically install the correct version of the drivers.
Manual Driver Update: To manually update the driver, you can go to the manufacturer’ website and look for the most recent appropriate driver.
Also Check: 10 Minute Mail Mobile
Method 3: Scan hardware and software compatibility
- To check the compatibility of your hardware, you need to disconnect all the external connected drives like an external hard disk or USB drives (except the keyboard and mouse) and restart the computer.
After restarting if the error doesn’t reappear then it means the problem has been solved and you can reconnect all the external devices to your computer and resume your work. But if the problem persists, then you know you either need to replace the device or update the driver as instructed in the second method.
- To check software compatibility, check the frequency of the error occurring. If it happens recently then it could be because of upgradation of any program or some application you have newly installed. If you are unsure of the changes you have made on your computer, you can anytime run a system restore to undo the changes.
Also Check: Putlockers New Site Today
Method 4: Perform a disk check
A BSOD is an indication of disk check. BSOD is short for Blue Screen of Death.
- To check your disk firstly press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Now right click on Command Prompt and then click on Run as administrator.
- Now the computer will ask for administrator permission and click Yes to proceed further.
- Press the Y icon on your keyboard.
Note: Next disk check will start upon starting your computer. In case of lack of time, you can skip the disk check for the time being and reschedule the disk check.
Also Check: Websites like SolarMovie
Method 5: Run Event Viewer
By using this method, you won’t be able to solve the blue screen error but you can definitely find out the driver causing you the pain of DPC Watchdog Violation error.
- Firstly click on Windows logo key and X together on your keyboard and then click on Event Viewer.
- On the left side of the panel, you can see Windows logs. Click on it and then click on System.
- In the centre on the panel, you can see a couple of entries. Look for the ones spotted with Warning or Error.
- Now you will be able to check what happened wrong at a particular time range.
These methods address the huge majority in DPC Watchdog Violation error. Some find updating the driver easy whereas some install driver easy. You can also update your motherboard BIOS to fix the error. We hope this article helps you.